The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance examination conducted all over India to test the comprehensive level of various undergraduates in engineering and science. The exam helps secure admission to a Master’s program or jobs in various States and MNC companies. It is conducted by one of the seven IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB), Department of Higher Education, in collaboration with the Ministry of HRD by the Government of India. GATE 2023 will be organized by IIT Kanpur, where more than ten lakhs appear for the same.
GATE 2023 notification would probably be out in August 2022. The examination is to be conducted in the 1st week of February tentatively. Students can prepare a detailed
planner while simultaneously preparing for their final year graduation examination. One can stay updated and visit the official website for upcoming notifications.
GATE Exam Syllabus
The GATE syllabus is very crucial while preparing for the exam. The students need to go through the detailed syllabus according to their streams chosen for a basic understanding. This will guide them to a detailed preparation plan to score better results. The syllabus includes 27 subjects in all engineering and science streams.
The exam consists of CBT-based questions in the form of MCQs, MSQ, and NAT for 3 hours with General aptitude and opted subjects. The paper has 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. 2/3 marks are deducted for incorrect responses, and 2 marks are awarded for each correct answer. Therefore, students need to be alert while answering any question.
GATE 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
Students have different methods of preparing for their upcoming examinations. The calibre of each student differs in various subjects. With a careful planner, dedication, and structural strategy, one can clear the upcoming GATE exam 2023 in a single attempt.
There is no prescribed way to prepare for GATE 2023; it is just how you align yourself for your upcoming exams. Every year lakhs of candidates appear for the GATE exam, yet only a few qualify due to cut-offs, ranking and tough competition. Here are a few tips that can help you score better in the upcoming GATE exam.
- Understand the GATE syllabus and its exam pattern. Prepare a self-strategy plan and focus more on harder topics than the easier ones. Prepare notes and important points that can help you revise before the examination. Follow reliable study materials or research the unclear topics in terms of concept.
- Get the help of peers, parents, mentors and coaches to understand certain concepts in-depth and gain more insights for exam preparation.
- Practice at least the last five years’ model test papers to get a clear idea about the types of questionnaires, which can help you understand and practice thoroughly through the online test series.
- Never read any new topic before two months, which might lead to confusion.
- Focus on Aptitude and Mathematics topics and refer to standard books.
- Follow a disciplined study plan that is tailored to your strength and weakness for GATE exam preparation. Prepare small notes to have conceptual clarity of various topics and revise topics at regular intervals to evaluate your understanding levels.
- Attempt multiple mock tests that are available on BYJU’s Exam Prep. It helps prepare and understand the curated, designed syllabus for the GATE exam 2023 for all aspiring candidates. The platform is perfect for preparing for GATE, UPSC, etc., other exams via audio-visual lectures and exam-focused articles that can be accessed and downloaded anytime from the dashboard.