Problem: How to fix error 0x80080008 in Windows?
Hello. I have a problem with error 0x80080008. When I try to run the Check for Updates, I get an error message 0x8008000 all the time. Could you explain to me what it means?
This error 0x80080008 is one that prevents users from checking for new software updates. This problem interferes with the download of the latest updates and some of the reports state that this error may be related to a failure in Windows Update or with a 2016 server.
This error that appears when you want to update Windows 10 can be solved by disabling your anti-virus tools or downloading the update manually. If you are on the particular version of Windows 1903, the error may come as a Windows Server 2016 problem. If so, you need to apply some steps to change the settings and alter the preferences to Windows Server as well.
The error 0x80080008 has been reported by users. It also declares CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING, so you may see various error messages when this problem occurs.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update shocked the entire Windows community. This huge update brought a host of innovations and advanced features. However, forums on the Internet are flooded with user reports about various bugs that were executed with this update.
We have already described the errors 0xc1900101 – 0x4000d Error , 3219 Error , 0x8DE00005 Error , and a few others. However, it seems that the number of errors in Windows 10 is increasing daily, so you should not be surprised if you come across any of them.
A pop-up window appears and reports “Updates Cannot Be Found.” Error 0x80080008 »when people try to receive updates for their Windows 10 device. In some of the cases, the system executes the command and provides the list of available updates. However, if the user tries to install the updates, the system shuts down and generates this error message. The code, in particular, can indicate problems and causes, so you may know what to do to fix version 1903 – error 0x80080008.
How to fix error 0x80080008 in Windows?
Very often, errors like 0x80080008 are generated by registries, software / hardware incompatibilities, and similar issues. Therefore, before running any solutions manually, it is highly recommended to install Reimage or an alternative PC optimization tool and run a full system scan with it. In this case, we also recommend that you use this program and try to fix Error 0x80080008 automatically. In case PC optimization didn’t help you fix error 0x80080008, then try restarting your PC.
Restart the PC
- Go to Settings – Updates and Security – Recovery .
- Find Restart this PC and click the Start button below the option.
- Make sure you select Keep my files in the Choose an option box , otherwise your files will be replaced or deleted.
- After this, the Windows system will restart automatically.
- When the factory settings are restored, the system will ask you to enter your email address, username and password. Make sure you write everything correctly.
- After that, go to Settings – Updates and Security – Windows Update – Check for Updates .
- Then Windows should find all the available updates and provide you with a list.
- Click on Run Updates and wait for the process to finish.
NOTE: Don’t forget to select the Keep my files option in the Choose an option box when you restart the Operating System. This is because when you reset your PC, it is converted to factory settings, which means that your files will be deleted unless you specify that you want to save them.
Restart Windows Update Services to fix error 0x80080008
- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Now run the following commands: net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C: WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Run the SFC and DISM checks to fix version 1930 – error 0x80080008
- Run Command Prompt with administrator rights.
- Type sfc / scannow .
- The check identifies and fixes the problem automatically.
- Then run Command Line again and type DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth.
Restart BITS services to fix Error 0x80080008 in Windows
- Open the Run window and type in the search services.msc
- Hit enter
- Search for Background Intelligent Transfer Service and double click to open the properties.
- If the status is Paralyzed , click on the start of Start
- Choose the Recovery tab and make sure to set First and Second Failure to Restart Service .
- Commit the change and check for updates.
Modify service settings to fix Error 0x80080008 in Windows
- Press the keys Wnidows + R and insert msconfig . Now click OK and hit Enter .
- Go to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box . Then click Disable All and click Apply .
- Go to the Home tab and select Open Task Manager .
- Disable all Startup programs one by one.
- Restart the PC.