In these summery days, lips are bound to get chapped. Every season one encounters various lip problems changing according to the surroundings, sometimes leaving them sore and unattractive. Sydney’s everchanging problematic weather can leave one’s lips dry and bruised. One must opt for lip fillers in Sydney since they are one of the best ways to keep them soft, full and moisturised throughout summer and beyond! This article discusses lip fillers, how they work and whether they are the best selection for an individual.
What types of lip fillers are there?
In a procedure similar to lip augmentation, a dermal filler is injected into the walls of the lips to enhance their appearance. This procedure makes them appear plumper and fuller. The fillers used in lip enhancement are very similar to those used in injectable fillers like Restylane and Juvederm.
The most common type of filler used for lip enhancement is hyaluronic acid (HA). HA has been proven safe in clinical trials, so there is no risk when getting it done by a licensed injectable specialist who understands the procedures and is certified to perform them on patients! In Sydney, one can get many such advantages and procedures performed at low costs.
Reasons to get a lip filler:
- To get a fuller, more defined lip.
- To plump up lips and make them look younger.
- To correct uneven lips (if the upper lip is thinner than the lower one).
- To add definition to a thin upper lip.
- To create the illusion of a healthier and more pleasing smile.
Aftercare for lip fillers
Millions of people go through lip filler additions in Sydney daily. Avoid complications by following the aftercare instructions that a doctor presents to the individual. These instructions will usually include
- Keeping the lips hydrated. One can accomplish this by drinking lots of water and using a lip balm with SPF.
- Avoiding anything that could irritate or damage the filler. Do not smoke or drink alcohol for 24 hours, as these activities can cause swelling and redness, which makes the lips look thinner than they are.
- Also, avoid using makeup on the treated area for 24 hours; some products contain ingredients that can break down the filler and lead to long-term issues later on (like an uneven look). Most doctors in Sydney provide specific advice based on a patient’s needs.
What is the recovery time duration?
Lip filler recovery is fast and less complex compared to other cosmetic procedures. The lips will heal much more quickly than the face, usually the site of bruising or swelling. One can resume normal activities within a day or two of lip filler injections if they follow these guidelines:
- Avoid direct contact with water for at least 24 hours after getting lip fillers because it will dilute the filler solution and make it less effective.
- Do not smoke until after healing from the lip injection procedure because smoking can delay healing due to its anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
- Eat healthy meals regularly and do not go hungry during recovery; this will help the body naturally heal faster!
Talk to a doctor first:
Doctors injecting lip fillers in Sydney must understand patients’ needs and likes to give them a perfect smile they desire. If one is interested in getting a pout that could stop traffic, it is essential to know the procedures beforehand. Have a consultation with an experienced doctor before the process and ensure knowing the risks, side effects, and recovery time. It is also wise to ask about aftercare so the lips can heal properly. If there are any complications, contact a doctor immediately.