Many of us are rendered helpless when looking at electricity bills. Many developed nations across the world pay exuberant prices for their electricity bills, and the Southern States in Australia are certainly on that list. Adelaide is one such place that has earned quite a reputation for its high energy prices.
Every household wishes for reasonable electricity bills, but the market in South Australia makes it extremely volatile. And because of these extremely high pricing conditions, many are now opting for solar Adelaide. This works as an ideal setup as there is no shortage of natural sunlight in the region, and harnessing that sunlight is the best alternative anyone has got.
Are Adelaide Energy Prices Expensive?
In comparison to other states, one can say Adelaide’s energy price is relatively higher. Different factors drive this cost, including:
- Taxes: According to government policy, every household has to pay taxes. But besides that, many other costs go from your pockets for power bills, including the tax of generating the power, transmitting permission for voltage, and not disturbing your house. Going solar is your best shot at avoiding such charges for good.
- Power Scheme: Several schemes are provided by the retailer who is selling you the power. Apart from that, the government-green scheme provides subsidies to encourage renewable energy development, paid through tax from everyone’s bill. It was mainly established for energy efficiency and audit targets that need to be tallied by the electricity and gas retailers.
- Host Of Companies: There are several companies that act as retailers, or in other words, generators, or you can say both. Sometimes they are called ‘gentailers.’ Charges are high per unit of energy. All the retailers’ companies compete for customers on pricing and other services provided in all jurisdictions.
- Regulation Changes: Competitors in wholesale electricity markets are rapidly growing, and the demand is rapidly decreasing. This resulted in increased electricity prices, especially further amplified by the recent changes in the regulation of transmission and distribution networks. People in every household in Southern parts of the country are wondering when it will end. Paying a high amount of charges to their providers does not bode well for anyone.
Things To Consider About Electricity In South Australia
There are various factors that need to be taken care of to ensure seamless access to electricity in Southern Australia. Some of these considerations include:
- Ambitious Planning To Spark Economic Growth: The government of South Australia has set a target of producing a cent percent of their energy from renewable energy by 2050. This will also help them become a net explorer of greener power. Such a goal can lead you to make new investments in grid transmission capacity, renewable energy infrastructure, going solar inverters, and spurring change.
- Distribution Networks Can Support The Adoption Of Rooftop Solar: South Australia has introduced a new regulation to enable operators to disconnect by going solar with rooftop inverters remotely in the past few years. The IEEFA has not approved this approach. Instead of that, the organization has recommended using dynamic operating envelopes or DOEs. It allows the distributed energy resource to be imported and exported within the distribution networks.